Custom BAC Library Construction
The Bacterial Artificial Chromosome (BAC) Library is a powerful tool for genomic research, as well as an invaluable source in gene identification. A BAC library hosts up to one million large DNA fragments(100-200kb) in a stable stock of E. coli. It is useful in the following procedures: genome sequencing, physical mapping and gene cloning.
Creative Genomics's experts have built many BAC libraries from a variety of sources, including human, animal and plant tissues. Libraries constructed can be directly sequenced by our high-throughput sequencing and end sequencing..
Description of Services:
- Average insert size: 100 -180 KB
- Primary colonies: 1 X 105 cfu
- Time of delivery: based on DNA source, typically <2 months
- Custom fosmid library construction available
- Dramatically reduced the overall costs
- Delivery in 96 or 384 well plates